This Year's Theme is I Will Change the World By...
Student entries submitted to the national level go through two rounds of review by esteemed arts professionals across the country. During the evaluation process, judges will consider the following criteria:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist's statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Judges strongly consider the interpretation of the Reflections theme during the evaluation process. It is suggested that students give their submissions a title that stands out and describes how the piece relates to the student’s personal interpretation of the theme. The following guiding questions can be useful when developing a title and artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/who was your inspiration?
All entries can be dropped off in Ms. Koumbaridou's Art Classroom.